DLI’s In-Store Mystery Shopping partner now conducts Telephone Call Secret Shopping evaluations for DLI members. DLI’s partner records conversations with the shops in all states where it is legal to do so without asking for consent. DLI’s customer service evaluation service will provide the following for members making use of the service:
• A logon and password to access both the written and audio from the shopping evaluation online
• In those states where recording requires consent, participating members will receive a written report in PDF format e-mailed to them
To perform the evaluations, members need only provide some basic information:
1. Name of cleaners
2. Name of contact
3. E-mail address of contact (to set up login information and/or correspondence)
• Location(s) to be shopped and phone number to call to reach location(s)
• If it is to be a “general” call – not to a specific location specify which phone number to call
• Unless directed otherwise the evaluation service will ask the name of the employee who answers the questions if they don’t offer it during the greeting
Standard questions evaluators will ask during a call include:
1. How does home delivery work? I’m not there during the day.
2. Do you clean tops with sequins?
3. I need a pair of pants/dress/slacks hemmed. How long will it take?
4. Do you give a military discount?
5. I spilled chocolate/red wine down the front of a silk dress. Will it come out?
6. There are spots from spraying my hairspray on a silk blouse. Will dry cleaning get them out?
7. Do you clean stuffed animals?
8. How long does it take to get a shirt cleaned?
9. How do I get coupons?
10. How often should I clean a wool suit?
Members may add or remove questions from this list as they see fit to measure any aspect of their business’ customer service efforts. From the way the phone is answered to the answers to fairly basic questions, evaluators have seen some really remarkable improvements in telephone responses for those who are using this format.
Members may call DLI at 800-638-2627 for more information on the in-store and telephone customer service evaluation programs. Silver, Gold and Premier memberships include free access to these services. Non-members are invited to join DLI to take advantage of this and DLI’s many drycleaning business-boosting benefits and services.
List of States Where Evaluators are Able to Record
Audio recording allowed – requires consent of one party (the mystery shopper)
Georgia – not video
State Where Evaluators are Not Able to Record
Audio recording requires both parties’ consent