Methods for Management held its biennial Success Conference on September 22nd – 25th, 2016 at the Moon Palace Resort in Cancun, Mexico. The conference focused on interaction to promote profit, sales, business development, effective management and creativity among owners and vendors in the drycleaning industry from around the US, Canada, England and the Bahamas.
Featured Presentations included:
• “From Surviving to Thriving” by Krista Clive-Smith, industry expert in marketing and social media
• “Leadership Lessons to Get Mind Capture and Keep More Clients” from Tony Rubleski of Mind Capture
• “Driving Productivity and Engagement with Gainsharing” from Dr. Chuck DeBettignies of Gainsharing
• “Get a Grip on Your Business with EOS and Traction” from Tom Bouwer of ProfitWorks
• “It’s Time to Say I Do!” from Sally Conant of the Association of Wedding Gown Specialists
• “A LaundrApp Journey” from Jack De Montaignac of LaundrApp
• “Introduction to SMRTSystems” from Josh Nye of SMRTSystems
Drycleaners worldwide competed for fabulous prizes in the Awards Ceremony, with moderators Lisa Hiebert (Best Care Dry Cleaners in Winnipeg) and Rich Aviles (Bridge Cleaners in Brooklyn) congratulating the winners of:
• Store of the Year: Balfurd Cleaners, State College, PA.
• Website of the Year: Martinizing, Waukesha, WI.
• Van of the Year: New Oriental Cleaners, Nassau, The Bahamas.
• Social Media Award: Clothesline Cleaners, Boise, ID.
• Sales & Marketing Award: Hallak Cleaners, New York, NY.
• Most Innovative Idea Award: Martinizing, Waukesha, WI.
A panel of MfM Members discussed their ideas related to dynamic sales growth, which included Aline Gadue Stirling of Gadue’s Dry Cleaning in Burlington VT; Jan Barlow of Jan’s Cleaners in Clio, MI; and Audra Gude of FRSTeam in Omaha, NE.
MfM Members and vendors also participated in round table discussions with subjects including:
• The Uberization of Dry Cleaning led by Mark Jones of Spot.
• Family Dynamics led by John Massey of Jim Massey’s Cleaners in Montgomery, AL.
• How to Meet Benchmarks led by Arthur Anton of Anton’s Cleaners in Boston, MA.
• Selling to Professionals led by John-Claude Hallak of Hallak Cleaners in New York, NY.
Methods for Management wishes to thank all of the attendees for the active leadership roles they played throughout the conference, the speakers and the generous industry sponsors who participated to make MfM Success 2014 a true success, including:
• Platinum Level Sponsors: Kreussler and SMRTSystems
• Gold Level Sponsors: Sankosha, Spot, CompassMax, LaundrApp and SelectRisk.
• Silver Level Sponsors: Seitz and AWGS.
• Bronze Level Sponsors: Unipress and Fabritec.
Methods For Management consults to the drycleaning industry through Management Bureaus and independent project assignments. MfM Management Bureaus provide a safe, non-competitive environment where members receive profit enhancing tools and share information, issues, and concerns with peers that they trust and respect. MfM has helped clients, both nationally and internationally, improve profits and operations since 1953.