One of the primary goals of contemporary marketing is determining how to use customer data to deliver personalized customer experiences. Customers want to hear from you about what your business offers that is relevant to them. Start with collecting or updating your information with accurate (correct format and spelling) customer data. The right data will help you build personal relationships in business with a vast number of customers consistently over time. Ask yourself how you use your data.
To execute marketing successfully, select the most suitable Martech (marketing technologies) platform keeping in mind your business marketing goals and technical and operational capacities within the business. Given the demand for more personalized marketing content, companies should choose Martech applications that enable them to orchestrate the customer journey. Martech organizes customer data from various touchpoints in the customer journey.
The customer journey is the full experience a customer has with your business. Customer journey orchestration is concerned with influencing the customer journey through a real-time approach to engaging with specific customers. Concrete benefits of data personalization and customer journey orchestration include:
Data integration and organization
• Modern marketing requires a unified view of different channels and sources of customer data.
• Unify customer data from disparate systems (CRM; POS; mobile, website, email data, etc.)
• Organize disparate data points to create a holistic customer profile, enabling personalized communications across the business marketing channels.
Following up with new customers
• Integrating and organizing data makes it easier to segment businesses’ target market and apply analytics.
• This information is also able to support businesses in identifying promising new leads.
• A cloud-based approach to data processing improves customer response times while improving the efficiency of business decisions.
• Businesses can better understand the performance of specific marketing campaigns and refine future campaigns.
Improved customer insight
• Use machine learning to predict better and analyze customer data to understand the customer journey across channels better.
• This process reveals trends to improve the customer experience.
Improved customer experience
• Accurate customer data helps to ensure consistent engagement with customers across the customer journey, which provides additional customer lifetime value.
Marketing improvements rely on data and the right marketing technologies to manage data and communicate with your customer. Start with assembling data by gathering customer information from various sources and touchpoints of your businesses. Make this information readily available to external marketing tools (like Mailchimp) or marketing agencies. Enhance your data with data analytics. Use analytical applications to understand customer behavior and perform data modeling to determine the “next best action” to communicate with specific customers successfully.
Netflix is an example of a business that has successfully utilized and managed customer data. Its algorithms collect essential data on what subscribers watch and enjoy before providing tailored recommendations—over 75% of user activity is based on Netflix’s personalized recommendations (Dixon, 2019). Netflix’s approach to utilizing algorithms to analyze user profiles ensures its ongoing success.
Deliver customer service. Without good customer service, the marketing effort is wasted. The more relevant data your business has, and the more adept your business is at utilizing that data, the greater the opportunity to ensure that your services respond to customer needs and experiences. You need relevant data to create and send personalized messages, interpret results and adjust. All this can assist a business in improving its profitability.
The rise of digital interaction has increased available customer data. Customer experience is derived from multichannel campaign management, customer journey orchestration, and real-time coordinating customer experiences and service. Deliver personalized experiences to build relationships over time.